Ideas & Answers to your Questions (most frequent)
Links or directions provided, or shown on guesthouse bulletin board.
Alphabetical list shown at bottom of page
What do we need for Dreams Park?
*small cooler, locking footlocker, water jug
What is parking like in Cooperstown?
Where do I go food shopping?
* Farmer's Market
* Great American Rte 28 south of Cooperstown's Village Center
* Price Chopper Rte 20 west of Richfield Springs Village Center
* P&C Rte 28 in Hartwick Seminary, south of Cooperstown.
* Fly Creek Cider Mill
Where can I Picnic in Cooperstown?
* Lake Front Park- Cooperstown. No Barbecues.
* Glimmerglass State Park. Northern end of lake. Barbecues and pavillions
* At the gazebo and outdoor fireplace at "A Comfort Woods Guesthouse"
What can I do in Cooperstown?
What is happening in Cooperstown?
What is special for little kids in Cooperstown?
* Walk in Lakefront Park and enjoy the seagulls and waterbirds. (free)
* Play in the water at Fairy Springs Park ($)
* See the farm animals at The Cooperstown Farmer's Museum ($)
* Go trail riding at one of the horse ranches ($)
* Play ball on the soccer field at the "Comfort Woods Guesthouse" (free)
* Make sand castles in Glimmerglass State Park ($)
* Explore the wildlife around "Comfort Woods"
Where can we go swimming nearby?
* Glimmerglass State Park (a great sandy beach and natural park area)
* Fairy Springs Park (a village park 1 mile from Cooperstown on East side of lake)
* 5-Mile Point Swimming Area (5 miles from Cooperstown on West side of Lake)
* Two other 'secret' swimming spots I can direct you to once you arrive. Lake & stream
What to do on our way West to Cooperstown- from Albany?
* For Albany Events & Nightlife:
* For More Albany Events & Nightlife:
What to do on our way East to Cooperstown- from Syracuse?
* For Syracuse Events & Nightlife:
*Beaches Nearby: Lakefront Park, Cooperstown Village (a park, not beach); Fairy Springs Park Beach,
1 mile from village; Glimmerglass State
Park Beach; 10 miles from village; 5-Mile Point
Beach, 5 miles
from village; Baker's Beach on Canadarago Lake, 9 miles from village.
*Breakfast: Fly Creek General Store, 607- 547-7274
Cider- Fly Creek Cider Mill, see Attractions Page
*Dinner: Alex & Ika, TAXI- A&D Taxi-, 607-547-4070
*HOF:Prices for tickets: Adult- $16.50, Seniors- $11.00, Youth (7-12) - $6.00:
Hours: 9am-5 pm;
Summer hours: 9am-9pm
*Horseback Riding- Trail Riding- Brass Ring Farm, Milford, NY. 607-286-9333
*Lunch: Doubleday Cafe, Main St. , 607-547-5468
*Opera- Glimmerglass-- Check weather forcast- dress appropriately, shorts, bottled ice water & fan if it will be
ot; fleece & a wrap if it will be cool.
* Other Lodging Companies
*Parking::On Main st. if you arrive very early, after that try the side streets. If no luck use
the Trolley Lots on Rt 28 North by the credit Union, or Rte 80 North
past the Farmer's Museum. There is a 2 hour limit parking on Main St. if you find a spot.
Brookwood Gardens: http://www.brookwoodgarden.org/
Sharon Springs Temple: http://www.sharonspringschamber.com/attractions.asp
Hyde Hall: http://www.hydehall.org/
Herkimer Home: http://www.littlefallsny.com/HerkimerHome/Page1.htm
Little Falls: http://www.littlefallsny.com/
Herkimer church: http://www.revolutionaryday.com/nyroute5/ftherkimer/default.htm
Beardsley Castle: http://www.beardsleecastle.com/
*TAXI: - A&D Taxi- 607-432-0100; CNY Taxi- 315-866-4305
* Train Station- Amtrak- Union Station, Utica, NY
*Zip Line Rides, Howe's Cave, NY.